Monday, April 14, 2008

Thank You Jesus... for DIRT!


Last night as I was listening to Carson's prayers...I was reminded of what is important to a 5 year old. I was listening to the God Bless parts, you know every person he can possible think of and then some. He prays for his friends at school, all his teachers again, anyone who he can think of. Then we start the thank you God for.... and he looks around his room, thank you God for toys, and videos, thank you for the curtains and so forth. So I asked Carson, what are you really really glad that God gave you? His response, serious and dramatic...was dirt. I asked Him, why dirt? He said because it feels good in my fingers and I like to throw it in the air and I can get a muddy with it too! I seriously had to laugh because nothing is truer than what he stated. If you have ever been out to our house, you will have seen that we are surrounded by an acre of dirt. Carson has all kinda of little diggers (bulldozers) and tractors that he plays in the dirt with. He will spend hours on his knees (he has the holes in the jeans to prove it) in the front yard digging roads, and making trenches and rivers. Having never been a little boy, and the fact that I have to wash his clothes I don't see the appeal. But to Carson, dirt is VERY important, and he is glad that Jesus loves him enough to give him dirt. I am thankful Jesus provides the "little" things that bring so much joy to Carson.

2 comments:

Keri said...

I love that prayer Carson!

Thank you Jesus for stain remover too! :)

John said...

That is SO CUTE!! I never thought about something like that being so important, but MAN is it ever! :) I second Keri's stain remover comment too!