Monday, April 7, 2008

House Hunting and Nim's Island


Wayne has been busily looking at houses in the D.C. area every weekend. He found one that as soon as I saw the picture....it felt like home. Not even the inside pictures... just the outside. The neat thing is that it has a fantastic backyard too! The interior pictures are awesome too!... and I can easily see myself living there. We are going to look at it when Carson and I visit in a couple of weeks. The realtor has told Wayne that she will be keeping us informed if anyone else shows any interest. It doesn't look like it but this is a three story house... the basement is a walkout and completely finished. I already have visions of a huge scrapbook/craft room er I mean playroom for Carson. Plus that means there is tons of room for guests....hint hint. This house is in Manasass, Virginia and about a 30 mile commute.. or depending on the day an hour commute. Another plus is that it is only about a $100.00 more than what we pay here....which is a GOOD thing!


If you have not had the chance to see Nim's Island, Carson and I give it two thumbs up! We finally made it to the theater on Sunday. There was a pretty good crowd for early afternoon, and I was surprised to see many adults without children there. The story was wonderful, Abigail Breslin was adorable, the scenery was fantastic, the imagery was amazing, plus the actor Gerard Butler was some nice eye candy as well! I can usually gauge how well Carson likes a move by how many times he needs to go to the restroom. He did not wiggle, or squirm for the entire movie..... Oh yes... we must not forget....it has a volcano in it..his current obsession! Another reason he did not move....We will definitely be purchasing this one when it comes out!

2 comments:

Keri said...

Kari that house is AWESOME!!! I love it. Can't wait to see the inside pictures. Thanks for the movie review.

~renay~ said...

Save me a room....I'm coming too. It is beautiful!!