Thursday, April 3, 2008

One of THOSE days....

Ever have one of THOSE days where you can't seem to do anything right? This must have been my day. Didn't sleep again last night...until about 2:45 am. Had to be at my parents at 9 am to keep my nephew, while my dad was at the hospital having a colonoscopy. I was so afraid that I wouldn't wake up this morning that I woke up all night long. I pull up in their driveway.. and they pull in. Dad's colonscopy did not take very long after all.... I was, however, able to get my clients done today.....

Get home and after lunch Carson is playing outside... looking for ladybugs...He comes in after a few minutes and said that he ran out of gas... I am puzzled..so I follow him to the garage where he has taken our gasoline can and filled his cozy coupe with real gasoline. Not only his little cozy coupe...but his bike.... the only good thing about this whole thing is that there was less than a cup of gasoline in the can..So I pull out the hose and wash everything down, and put "the boy" in time out.

Then I get a phone call.....now, I know I can't please everyone... GOD knows I have never been able to. But I am a people pleaser...I try to make people happy..... and unfortunately I did not succeed...I know everyone has an off day....but, sometimes... you just want to give it all up... and chuck the whole thing...But I know me well enough that I won't just give up....but if I am honest, it will make it easier to move in a few months.

Enough complaining.... in the words of Scarlett O'Hara....

"Tomorrow is another day"

2 comments:

Kassie said...

I understand completely I have had several days like that in the past few weeks. Just hang in there things will get better. I am comming back to Amarillo for a few days next week hope we can get together.

Keri said...

Kari, I totally understand the people pleaser thing. I am so that person!

This too shall pass! :)