Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Is There a Baby in Your Tummy Momma?

Ok... it must be all the time that we are spending together... but yesterday Carson asked me if there was a baby in his tummy. I explained that only girls have babies. He thought for a minute... and asked if I had a baby in my tummy? I told him, "no mommy's tummy was broken and a baby couldn't grow in mine" I could see his mind working... he asked if he grew in my tummy before it was broken... and I told him no...a special lady grew you in her tummy and since she knew you were our little boy... she gave you to us. I tried to explain in five year old language.. that he was adopted. This is the first time this has come up with him, and I have prayed for years the right words to say when it finally was asked. I explained how special he was, because of all the little boys in the whole wide world we got to pick him. He was happy with that answer. I can only hope that as he gets older and the questions become more detailed, that God grants us the right words to say. I have often struggled with the what if questions... you know how come she didn't want me, or why did she keep my brothers and sister? I know that I am most likely worrying about something that is years away.. if it ever comes up!

3 comments:

Kassie said...

I know that God will give you the right words to say in that situation. You are a great mom and Carson is so lucky to have you and Wayne.

Carri said...

Carson may have those questions one day but one day he will know the truth! That is that God made him for you, and that his adoption was all part of Gods mighty plan!! I think you are a great mom and I know you will always have the right words to give him!

Christine said...

Oh my gosh...that was so sweet. I think you explained it perfectly!