Monday, April 28, 2008

News Finally!!!

We have been waiting for what seems like years for news from Carson's school as to whether he would be allowed to return or not. We FINALLY got that news today, and although my heart would love for him to go back, my head knows that the right choice was made by the school board, and is in Carson's best interest!

There was a huge hold-up with the state and the paperwork did not get sent to the school in a timely manner, then they had to have their follow-up inspection. Anyway... long story short.. the board decided tearfully that they were afraid that Carson would not be given a fair shake if he went back. Plus the fact that there is less than one month of school left. The decision was one that we knew was coming, but as a parent you can't help but want everything for your child, especially when the accusations against him were so ridiculous and malicious. Today is exactly 60 days from the date that we officially withdrew him, and I can't help but think that there was a definite (GOD) delay in all of this. He knew what would happen and as always, His timing is perfect. I will admit that Wayne and I both are emotional over this decision, but we also know that what is best for Carson is what is being done!

Now for the good news! Carson will be participating with his class in the graduation scheduled for May 22nd at 7 pm at St. Stephens Pre-School. He will be walking with his class.... now I know that a lot of people don't make a big deal out of pre-school graduation... and we are not doing that so much as to let Carson know just how many people love and support him. We have been asked by the school to invite as many as we would like to attend his graduation! So if you are in Amarillo on May 22 nd you are invited to come and celebrate with us. Many of you will be getting personal invitations, but I am opening it up to anyone who knows and loves Carson to attend. The director told me I could make signs and have a huge cheering section for him! It gets even a little bit better, he will also be able to attend the end of school party as well. The human side of me is a bit apprehensive about this whole thing. I am afraid of what some people might do or say when they see Carson there. I am also afraid of what I might say if I confront this mother. But I can't help really wanting to rub her face in the fact that we are going to be there with bells on cheering for my son, and that we have taken the high road and we will prevail. When all is said and done I sincerely want them to understand that the kind of malicious, slanderous accusations have actually strengthened our family. We will be better for it in the long run. I can only pray for a realization to them of the hurt and trauma they have caused us.

3 comments:

Kassie said...

I am so glad that Carson is going to get to go to the end of the year party and graduation. It is great news. I know that the last few months have been hard on all of you, but I know that this will make it a little bit easier when you look back.

Anonymous said...

We have been so amazed at how strong you guys have been through this whole situation. Carson will realize someday what a blessing he has in you and Wayne as parents. We will continue to pray for you guys! It was so good to see you guys at church Sunday!

With love
Steve, Jill and Alexis

Kariberry said...

I praise God with you it all worked out and Carson can go back to his school and graduate. The Truth will always prevail! :)