Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Two Quick Layouts...

While packing my scrapbook room last night I came across the two layouts that I did a couple of weeks ago, and I thought I would post them as it will be several weeks until I am able to scrapbook again. Anyway the first one is from a trip we took last summer to Dallas. It was Carson's first plane trip and the Southwest Airlines flight crew gave Carson a certificate with the flight data and such on it. Carson thought that was really super cool (his words). He will be a well seasoned traveler in the future I am sure.I find it funny, that we have lived in Amarillo for about 9 years now and at the present time we are less that a mile from the World Famous Cadillac Ranch. What is the Cadillac Ranch you ask? Why it is local eccentric, Stanly Marsh's idea of Stonehenge.... or an ode to Cadillacs of yesteryear. Really it is a Route 66 wonder. There are 10 Cadillacs half buried in the earth at a slight eastern angle. It is visible from my front yard... and it is something that we often drive to taking out of towners to see it, but rarely do I get out of the car and make the short hike out in the field to see the caddys. One evening last Fall, Carson and I went on a walk and ended up at the Ranch. The sun was setting, so I did not get as good of pictures as I would have liked, but it was still fun. The Cadillacs have been painted and repainted hundreds of time over the years and at one point they were all painted pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness. Well the tradition is that you are to take a can of spray paint and leave your mark on the cars. We did not have any spray paint, but we still had a great time exploring and looking at all of the graffiti from all over the world.

For all you CTMH sisters... of course I used the paper pack Route 66... it was perfect for these pictures.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

FANTASTIC LAYOUTS!!!
Sandra

Kariberry said...

Up Up & Away, love the LO and the colors. Looks like Carson is in AWWW :) How is the packing going, need a break yet? :)
Your pages are great!

Nicole said...

Those layouts are darling and your right that paper was perfect. Carson is just too adorable!! I am so happy to hear he is doing better, that is great for mom and dad and for Carson. You are wonderful parents!! Are you about packed yet? Or have you been commited. lol

Love,
Nicole