Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What is it about Little Boys and Mud Puddles???

A couple of weeks ago I posted about how much Carson loves to play in the dirt, and how he prayed to Jesus, thanking Him for dirt to play in. I don't know what kind of strange magnetic force calls to little boys compelling them to run through any mud puddle that they come across. It can be the only puddle in a parking lot, or a small drainage ditch. This boy has never met a mud puddle he didn't love.

Carson seems to be inexplicably drawn to water, whether it be a bird bath, fountain, water hose (don't get me started on this one), sprinkler, anything. You name it he WILL find it. With Spring comes the need to water grass and such, and since the common areas of our development are still under construction, there is a lot of dirt, and when water is added... of course we have mud.
Cut to this morning, I was watching my nephew, and Carson was playing outside. It was a beautiful morning, a slight chill to the air, but nothing... I repeat NOTHING will keep the boy from the alluring call of a distant mud puddle. I peek outside and the boy is practically knee deep in mud, and soaking wet. Does he like being dirty? Not really, he will actually wash his hands constantly if he gets something on them. But mud does not seem to bother him at all. I remember as a child loving the feel of warm mud squishing between my toes...perhaps that is what draws him. I convince him, after I snap a few pictures of course, to come to the garage and strip down and get in the bath. He reluctantly agrees and washes up a little at the water spigot... this is the result after washing up.

1 comment:

Kariberry said...

Boys.... and mud. What else do they need. :) Cute pic!