Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Does Jesus Live in the Dirt Momma?

We have talked quite a bit lately about where God and Jesus live. I have tried to answer in a way that would make sense to a five year old. We have talked about how he loves Jesus and that Jesus loves him so much, He wants to live in our hearts and keep us company all the time.

With the recent passing of our family dog, we are dealing with all sorts of questions that I never had to deal with before. When Ginger died, my dad buried her at their house, and he showed both Carson and I where it was. As parents we have fallen back on some old cliches for some of the questions. One such question is where is Ginger going to live now? I, without really thinking told him that she is living with Jesus now just like Garth. Garth is our black lab that was put down about three years ago. Carson is a VERY literal child. He was taking a bath later that night and asked if Jesus lived in the dirt, since Ginger was buried in the dirt. I had to think for a minute...and said that Jesus lived everywhere.. so I guess He is in the dirt too! The very next question was "does Ginger live in my heart like Jesus"? I answered that she will always be with us in our memories. Sometimes the questions are harder than I make them out to be, because Carson accepts quite readily anything that we tell him honestly. I have found when we try to get too technical with things... we complicate something that he can grasp readily if we keep it simple.

At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Matthew 11:25 NIV

No comments: