Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's SOCCER Time!


If there is one thing that Carson really loves to do, it is play soccer. This is his third season, we debated letting him play this season before we move, in case we have to move before the season is over. This season his best friend Caden is getting to play also. There is something about little boys and the thrill of kicking a ball down field. At practice tonight Caden and Carson ran and ran and ran some more...
The first season that Carson played last spring, they did not win one single game. The team was comprised of 4 yr olds who had never played any sort of organized sport before. I got such a kick watching the kids all intent on the game until a butterfly flew by... or a dandelion was spotted. The little girls holding hands and running together, and dropping everything to smell a flower. This is such a fun age to watch. He played soccer again last fall, and they won 6 out of 8 games. A major improvement! We are looking forward to a fun filled season, whether they win or lose, I know that the kids will have a blast doing it!

2 comments:

Wayne said...

Hey Buddy, I wish I could be there to watch you play this season. As long as mommy keeps taking pictures and posting them it will be like I was there. Call me after every game too. Love Daddy

Kassie said...

I am so glad that Carson is gettig to play I know that he loves the game. And that is great that him and Caden are on the same team.