Friday, May 30, 2008

Trying to Figure Things Out?

We are in the final phases of our cross country move and we are trying to figure out how we are going to get the three of us, a small dog and two cats across country without my sanity completely leaving me. We have made the drive before in about 2 .5 days... but know that this time there will be more stops simply due to having the animals, plus Carson is older and not apt to sit for long periods of time.

One plan is that we would rent a second vehicle and and tow my small (way too small for the three of us and all the animals to travel that length of time in) SUV. This is the option we are currently looking at. We are planning on taking all the animals to the vet prior to leaving and getting some mild tranquilizers for them... maybe it should be for me .. anyway I digress. If any of you all in bloggerland have ever made such a move, can you please leave me a comment and tell me what you did.

Another plan is to rent another vehicle and drive both of them and trade off with the cats in one vehicle and the dog in another... again they would be tranquilized. The company will be paying for all travel expenses, but I would still like to keep the expense down. Plus I get sleepy after a couple hours of driving.

We even looked at renting an RV and using that... and towing my car... but that was so ridiculously costly that one didn't last long.

The biggest thing is that I do not like driving long distances.... sure I have done it before, but I am having hyperventilating episodes just thinking about being locked in a small vehicle with a five year old , hubby, two howling cats, and one little doxie for 1800 miles!

I am sure that we will work things out, and I am not really that anxious... only mildly so. But if you have suggestions.... I would love to hear them.

1 comment:

Wayne said...

Maybe I need to fly to Amarillo and then head back in your SUV with the 2 cats and the dog and then once I get back to VA, you and Carson can fly in and I'll pick you up at the airport.