Saturday, July 12, 2008

I Went with the Black One....

We headed up this morning to IKEA and got THIS. I am hoping to have the downstairs all unpacked and ready to scrap in soon.... I really really miss scrapbooking! I haven't really been able to do any since the last week in May. Wayne even got it all assembled by himself. I am so glad that I got the black.

We were finally able to convince Carson to let us get his haircut. I bought a set of clippers back in the Spring, and started to trim his hair before we moved, and got the back trimmed and shaped, and started to trim around his ear on the right side and must have touched him with the clippers or something. He would not let me finish... so for over a month he has had one side with the hair trimmed over his ear and the other side was still long and shaggy. Fortunately for Carson the "shaggy" look is in. He is quite particular lately about his hair. He wants it long like Cooper, a little boy from his preschool class. He wants to shake his head and have it wiggle. Go figure ...little boys! Anyway I meant to get a picture of his new do... but he fell asleep relatively early tonight... so I will have to get one tomorrow. He looks so grown up with this cut. Makes me kinda sad....

We had planned on heading to the National Zoo tomorrow, but we are trying to teach Carson an important lesson about consequences. He has made a new friend down the street, and I have told him several times that he is not to go to Joey's house without permission. This afternoon he disappeared and I found him at Joey's. They are only three houses down, but he was warned. He was rather upset, and knows that he can earn it again by good behavior and helping around the house. Hopefully this will be something that he will remember, as he was really looking forward to the zoo. At least I get to work on unpacking downstairs, and getting the rest of the house organized.

No comments: