Thursday, August 7, 2008

Wednesday Night Dinner

We decided to go out to dinner last night in part due mostly to the length of time that Kari spent in the doctors office getting Carson his complete school physical. So instead of me getting off the train and us taking 2 vehicles to a restaurant we decided that she would pick me up at the train station and then go to the restaurant and then on the way home swing by and get my truck. We wanted to try this Chinese restaurant that we had received mailers for and they offer a diner buffet and since we all like Chinese food we thought it would be worth trying this place. We pull up into the parking lot and walk into the restaurant. It was a little after 7pm by now and we were all hungry. The hostess sat us at a round table for four and we were close to the buffet tables, so that was good. While Kari went to to restroom I took Carson up to the buffet and help him get some things he wanted onto his plate. Looking at the offerings in different stainless steel trays in the two steam tables I should of immediately recognized that something was wrong, but being a guy I was not totally in tune. I got Carson seated at the table and by now Kari had returned and we were getting our plates. The food within the trays on the steam table was sparse, for example I could have put all the rice on my plate, but I did leave some for Kari. Did I mention that we were the only ones in the restaurant. Kari and I both got our plates and sat down and started to eat - well after about 3 bites I looked at her and said to her that this food was cold, and tasted like crap, and that I wasn't going to eat anymore and wanted to go somewhere else - she looked at me and totally agreed so I told our waitress that the food was crap and that give us our check that we were going to leave and I'd pay the bill. The manager came over and said that it was ok we did not have to pay, I insisted and the manager did agree with us that the food was not hot, and that we could leave with out paying which we did. Since Carson loves Chinese foo he started to cry, but we explained that the food might make him really sick. So we left and went to Applebees instead and had a fantastic great hot meal. I really want to say the name of the restaurant but promised Kari that I would not name the restaurant, but do I listen - heck no, the name of this restaurant was FU-KIEN. I found some reviews of the place - AWESOME....http://www.yelp.com/biz/fu-kien-gourmet-fredericksburg

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Cold food!!! That's a big no-no! I've never been to Applebees...how was that dinner?

wendybtx said...

well... I read some of the reviews. You did good to leave. Mock chicken and beef.. YUMMYYY!!! That just makes me want to puke thinking about it. At least you did not have to pay for it.

Kisha said...

Ok so I read the reviews... and I am Blonde - what the heck? Fake Meat??? Are they totally kidding, or dead serious that this place is a vegan/vegetarian restaurant or something? Was it tofu? CRAZY!

Kisha