Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My first full day of Freedom???

Yesterday was Carson's official first day of school. Wayne had taken the day to work remote (they can work from anywhere as long as he has computer and phone access). Even though he was home, he had several conference calls and business "meetings" to attend. So while Carson was gone, I wasn't completely by myself.

So today I woke up, got Carson ready, fed him breakfast, got him on the bus and took a shower. In that order. I never realized how nice it was to not "have" to get ready to get my day started. Since I did not have to drive Carson to school I "could" have not even gotten dressed. There are two bus stops a house away from my front door. So in all actuality I can watch from the front porch to make sure he gets on the bus. Not that I ever would...but it is nice to know that I can. It all really depends on who Carson wants to sit with when he gets on the bus as to what bus stop we go too.

There are a million and one things I would like to get accomplished in the week before my parents get here....but I will be honest and say that I most likely won't get all of them done. So far, all I have accomplished today is two loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed upstairs, and started the dishwasher. I have ZERO motivation. I am just relaxing and enjoying the freedom right now...tomorrow I will get it all done. Right???

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Yes, enjoy yourself while Carson is at school. We, as mothers, have always worked so hard for our children. I think you need to scrapbook. While my Kindergartener was away this morning, I scrapbooked a bit. Just trying to finish off his 2nd year album. I am 3 years and 4 months behind. YIKES!