Friday, September 5, 2008

Kindergarten is Kickin his Bottom! & Hanna....

I guess Carson was seriously just tired yesterday. Yesterday afternoon, he fell asleep about 5:00 p.m. Woke up for a few bites of supper, and was back asleep in 20 minutes. He did not wake up until about 6:45 this morning. He was totally wiped out and begging to go to bed.

He came home from school in a good mood, still doesn't want to tell me about his day, but his teacher assured me that all is well. He is just really, really tired. Most likely things will even out once he gets used to the schedule.

In other news, the National Weather Service issued a Tropical Storm Warning for our area. I am not worried about the winds or anything like that...after all I grew up in Texas. We live in the tidal portion of the Potomac River, and the Rappahanock. So they are also predicting higher tides. The concerns that I have is that they are calling for 6 plus inches of rain in less than 12 hours. We have a sump pump in our basement, and I know it works. The main concern that we have is that this area is notorious for power outages. The neighbors all said that when hurricane Isabell came through in 2003, the power was off for over five days. Living without power is not a fun thing... but I am worried that if we do lose power for any length of time, the sump won't work. Then the basement can flood.

I also worry about the freezers and stuff.... I went out and bought a couple of cases of water, and we have batteries and flashlights, so we should be ok. We have plenty of canned foods, and charcoal so we could cook out on the grill if we had to. Please pray that we don't lose power. Fortunately, Hanna is a fast moving storm so we should be out of the rain by Sunday morning.

1 comment:

Miner News said...

I will be praying for you guys with the Tropical Storm. Poor Carson,I bet he is tired. The boys only go half days and they come home to take a nap afterwards. But when I ask them what they did that day, they tell me "the same thing as yesterday!" as they roll their eyes.