Thursday, October 9, 2008

What to Do? What to Do?

We are so very BLESSED to live in an area where we have multiple things to do as a family on the weekends. This weekend is no exception. Ever since we went peach picking in the late Summer, I have been planning and looking forward to going to pick apples. This weekend, believe it or not, we have no visitors that we know of, of course that could change, and they would be welcomed. BUT, they would have to conform to MY plans for the weekend. We are planning on heading back out to the Shenandoah Valley, for two reasons, apple picking, and pumpkin picking. Call me crazy, but I am very picky about my places to pick pumpkins, I do not want a parking lot stand of pumpkins, I want to pick my own off the vine. I want Carson to pick his own. I want him to enjoy going out in the fields and searching for the perfect pumpkin. We have been able to do that for the past three Fall seasons.

It is my absolute FAVORITE time of the year to photograph! I love the colors, and the way the sun's color seems a little richer, and warmer. I love the smells and the wonderful things that scream Fall.
Here are some pictures from Pumpkin Patches of the Past...
Carson's First Pumpkin Patch was a little "roadside stand"

We drove down to Floydada, Texas when Carson was three to find our first Pick Your Own Pumpkins.The next year, we drove up North to Etter, Texas to go to the Pumpkin Patch and Corn maze. We had a blast with friends from church.Last year, there was FINALLY a pick your own patch and corn maze close to Amarillo. We went with friends and family and had a ball. I forgot to even mention the corn mazes.... We LOVE corn mazes... I mean whats not to LOVE...getting lost, chasing one another, sneezing uncontrollably, and spending priceless time together as a family.

Now the dilemma, the orchard that we picked peaches at has a spectacular pumpkin patch, and corn maze Hollin Farms. They have apples also, but NOT pick your own. There is another orchard Stribling's Orchard that has pick you own apples. We...err, I mean I, really want to pick our own apples. So it looks like we are going to spend the whole day out picking apples and pumpkins, at two different locations. Thankfully, I am blessed with a great Hubby who puts up with all my wacky ideas.

No comments: