Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Packing for the Trip!

Just a silly picture..If any of you all have small children, I know you can relate. We purchased some new luggage for the trip to Texas this weekend. Wayne actually already had a decent suitcase, but I was lacking, as was Carson. So Saturday Wayne bought a bright PINK, three piece set. Carson has already determined that the smaller of the two suitcases was going to be his. He brought that sucker upstairs and told me he was going to pack for our trip. He was very proud of himself, and mentioned several times that he has everything he needs for Texas.

This is what I saw when I opened it up...... we have his pillow, Nim's Island video, stuffed dinosaur, cowboy hat.....

a couple of other dinosaurs, toy airplane, and ONE cowboy boot....I moved some things around and found his John Deere Tractor that Papa gave him before we moved. No clothes....no other shoes than the single cowboy boot. He specifically told me that he had it all ....everything he needed for our trip. If I could "only" pack so well!It warms my heart that he thinks that these are what he needs for our trip...after all a boys gotta have his toys....right?...But I will have to pack some real clothes for him while he is asleep so he wont go naked...oh, and the other cowboy boot too!

5 comments:

anita said...

Kari, that's really all he needs, the things that are special to him. He could wear the same clothes all week and not even care.:) Have a WONDERFUL time!!!!
Many blessings on you and your beautiful family. I love the picture of Carson on this post.
Love,
Anita

Wayne said...

Knowing how my wife packs she will need all the space she can get - I mean come on one suitcase alone for the hairdryer, the curling irons, the curlers, the makeup, and all the other personal stuff that will be required. I think she can pack her clothes and Carsons into one suitcase - it's not like we are staying in a hotel with no laundry - we are staying at her parents I know they have a washer and dryer...

Nicole said...

Ha HA.. he is such a riot. At least he has one thing right.. a cowboy boot. lol But maybe he would wish for two when he wore it. I love the pink suitcases.. I have purple and have enjoyed them very much.

Carolyn said...

How precious!! The simple mind of a child.:) Oh, tell Wayne i have a solution for packing and saving room. "Space Bags" We bought a bunch of these and they really work!! Have a Wonderful Christmas with your family girlfriend!!

Andy said...

LOL, that's awesome! Go Carson!
We are having the same "no luggage" issue for our trip. I think Santa will have to come a bit early and send some our way. You guys have a blessed time here in Texas while we trek out to good old California!