Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hello, Cupcake!


If you look at my blog roll on the left, you will see I have them divided kinda by interests, family etc. In the third group down, there is a phenomenal blog called The Sunday Baker. I found Tanya's blog from another website I frequent called Two Peas in a Bucket. That site is mostly scrap booking, but there are several boards for different interests, and I happened upon a posting asking for blogs for crafters, and cooking. Tanya's blog was listed and from day one I have read it religiously, if not daily, at least several times a week. I say all that to let you in a secret..... a lot of bloggers have give aways...or blog candy as many call it. Tanya posted a give-away several weeks back for unusual or favorite recipes. I posted a comment on her blog with my mom's recipe for spaghetti cabonera. Well it won for that particular contest. I was very excited because the give away for that contest was an amazing cookbook called "Hello, Cupcake!" by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson. Nothing but cupcakes, and the unique ways to decorate for any theme or holiday.
While I haven't had the opportunity to make anything yet.... I will most definitely be making me some cute Christmas cupcakes next week for the Bake sale at Carson's school.
Aren't these Christmas Lights the Cutest Ever!...and they look pretty simple too!
I Love the Nutcrackers...but don't know if I have the patience for them...yet!The snowmen and Christmas trees are adorable and really look doable...just gotta decide what I am doing!!
Thew neatest thing about this cookbook is that most of these cupcakes are not done with fancy equipment, or supplies. Most can be done with simple decorations and using a ziplock as the icing bag.

Drop on over to The Sunday Baker, check out her blog, she has some outstanding recipes, crafts and contests. Oh and I will post pictures when I make my cupcakes.....if they are cute that is.

4 comments:

wendybtx said...

I have this cookbook and love it.. make sure that your kitchen is not too hot.. we tried to make the puppies this summer and with the can icing ... they melted... but they have some really neat ideas in it... congratulations

Tanya said...

I'm so glad that you love the cookbook! I can't wait to see your cupcake creations!

:) Thanks for the nice post!

anita said...

Forget the pictures, send me some of them cupcakes!!!! lol :)

Wayne said...

Babe, as usualy I'll be your sampling guinea pig...lol