Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Visitors....Yeah!

A month or so ago I joined Facebook, mainly to touch base with friends in Texas. While that has been wonderful, I also have reconnected with some old high school, and college friends. Old takes on a whole new connotation when you are almost in your mid forties. Anyway, I found my college roomate. Anita and I both moved to campus after our Freshman year, she from home and I from my grandmothers. Neither one of us had lived out from the covering of our parents or guardians before. She had to put up with a lot of crap (this the only word that really fits here, even though I HATE that word). We lived on Kellam Hall, and for the most part I remember us getting along. I tended to be a bit messy at times....I know that at times I drove her crazy. (Wayne...you are NOT allowed to comment!!!) We both had different schedules and friends, but for the most part, had a great year and got along great. To make a long story short, she lives in Virginia Beach now and works for a law firm in Norfolk. They are litigating a case in Rockville, Maryland, and she is coming through here on Thursday, and head on to Rockville on Friday.

We have not seen one another since 1986 the year we graduated. So much has happened in each of our lives since then, we both married and have had children...so much time has past, but I am really looking forward to seeing her and catching up. We were both so young 22 years ago....kinda scary when you really think about how little we really knew then. Anyway....just wanted to share my excitement!

5 comments:

Petrel said...

Hmmmm, you won't let Wayne comment, how about your parents?

Should we relate the ferret incident in the guest house? The condition of your little car? How many times you lost your keys? You do know that you left lots of leeway for some old scamps....

Dad

Wayne said...

Hmmm let's see the condition of her little car back then has not changed to her little SUV today - I think I need to find a HAZMAT placard and put it on her SUV or at least a sign that says ENTRY INTO THIS VEHICLE IS DONE AT RISK TO YOUR HEALTH...

anita said...

Kari, I don't know what your dad and husband are talking about!!!! You were such a neat freak in college. LOL :)

I can't WAIT to get up there and am sorry it will just be for a few short hours. I'm looking forward to the road trip and seeing you. I'm bringing scrapbooks along. Can't wait to see yours!

P.S.: Do you remember that everyone said we'd never make it a year in that dorm room? We set out to prove them wrong and we enjoyed our year together (Anthony, Glen, sweet weed drifting up from the boys' rooms downstairs making us sick, Allie Rink (God rest her soul), Sarah Cooke, etc., etc., etc.)

Carolyn said...

That's Awesome Kari. As you know i'm a newbe to facebook too. I'm hoping to find my best friend.
Have a wonderful visit!

Keri said...

Tag, you're it! :)