Friday, November 7, 2008

Indian Summer!

By now you all know that I really love Fall....and it has finally peaked in color here in Fredericksburg. Temperatures are supposed to be in the 70's this afternoon, but it will turn colder over the weekend.

I honestly think the colors are more vivid here than they were up in the mountains. Today as I was coming home from a meeting, I passed a couple of trees that were putting out a spectacular color display. Fortunately I had my little point and shoot camera with me and I pulled over a took a few snapshots.



It won't be too much longer before the leaves all fall off, and the trees will be bare. I really don't like bare trees as much, but will admit that there is a stark beauty in winter and I am looking forward to seeing what that season offers here.

2 comments:

anita said...

I wish it were as beautiful here. There are spots of beauty and I always say a little prayer of thanks for those, but for the most part, the leaves are falling off before they really change color. Thanks for the pictures of Fredericksburg.

Kassie said...

You have been tagged. Please check out my blog to find out the rules. Have a great time doing this. We miss you so much.