Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Christmas is in the Air!!!

Wayne and I are having a bit of a disagreement over decorating for Christmas. We donated our Christmas tree before the big move and have yet to purchase a new one. So while I do have a small back-up tree, I won't be able to put up my millions of ornaments on this one tree. Here is where we disagree a bit, I plan on doing all my normal decorating, even though we will be spending the holiday in Texas. We fly out on the 21st, but we HAVE to make it exciting for Carson until then. He was already panic stricken this summer when he realized that our house doesn't have a fireplace for Santa to come down. We are going to write Santa a letter and remind him that Carson will be at Momo's and Papa's for Christmas and they have a fireplace. Wayne doesn't think I need to haul out all my Christmas stuff.....whereas, I am wanting more....more, and still more. My favorite time of the year. Just because we wont be here for the last nine days of the month, doesn't mean that the holiday should not be decorated for....right??? I might have to start decorating next week to get as much mileage out of it as possible.

I am also ready for fun stuff to do as a family to kick off the Christmas season. I have been asking around for some of the things that the "locals" do. There is the Christmas Parade, I am assuming it is a lot like the Electric Light Parade in Amarillo, but this one goes through the Historic district of downtown Fredericksburg. A real Victorian era Christmas. We are gonna hit this for sure.

There is a model train show coming up this weekend as well as the second weekend in December that we are planning on attending.

One of the things that we are really looking forward is the Santa Train. The VRE, Virginia Railway Express, announced today that it will be having their annual Santa Train. (Info here) From what I understand this is a hour long train ride that you can ride to go see Santa. It is only run one day a year, and everyone tells me we have to get our tickets early as they sell out fast. This will be a wonderful surprise for Carson.....he adores the Polar Express, so this should be a blast.

I would also like to head into D.C. on evening or weekend to see the capital and all the other areas decorated for Christmas. I don't even know if they do it or not, but I would love to see it at night.

Perhaps the most exciting thing we are doing is driving to Baltimore on the 21st and getting on a plane to fly to Amarillo...We are way beyond excited!
So even though Thanksgiving is still more than a week away....I am ready for Christmas!

4 comments:

anita said...

you really should wait until january to go to dc, so you can meet mr. obama :-)

i say decorate for Christmas (get a small tabletop tree and compromise this year)

Wayne said...

BAH HUMBUG!!!!!!!! LOL

Petrel said...

Anita is right, you could drop in on Michelle, My Belle, and Barry. They should be in residence sometime late in January.

DAD

RaisingRowdyBoys, Missy said...

Hey Kari! Aidan & Mrs. Missy wanted to say "Hi" to Carson. I was wandering around blogs and found yours on Wendy's blog. Sounds like ya'll are doing well, I am glad. Aidan is wondering if Carson loves Kindergarten as much as he does?!--Missy